Are you tired of the same old makeup looks? Want to try something new and exciting? Look no further than futuristic makeup! This latest trend in the beauty world is the perfect way to add a touch of science fiction to your everyday look.
Futuristic makeup is a style of makeup that incorporates elements of science fiction, such as metallic tones and graphic shapes. This can range from bold, metallic eye looks to neon lip colors, and even graphic eyeliner. Not only is it a fun and creative way to play with your look, but it also allows you to experiment with different products and techniques.
Many celebrities such as Beyonce in her black is king video, Billie Eilish in her video “all the good girls go to hell”, Rihanna in her Savage X Fenty show 2020, have been seen rocking the futuristic makeup trend on the red carpet and in music videos.
So whether you’re looking for inspiration for your next night out or just want to try something new, futuristic makeup is the way to go. In this blog, we’ll take a closer look at what futuristic makeup is, how to achieve the look, and some celebrity inspiration to get you started. Let’s beam up your beauty with futuristic makeup!
What is Futuristic Makeup?
When you think of futuristic makeup, you might imagine bold, metallic tones and graphic shapes reminiscent of science fiction movies and TV shows. And you’re not far off! Futuristic makeup is a style of makeup that incorporates elements of science fiction to create a look that’s both otherworldly and stylish.
- Definition: Futuristic makeup is a style of makeup that incorporates elements of science fiction, such as metallic tones and graphic shapes. The makeup look is often characterized by its bold and adventurous appearance. The metallic shades on the eyes, the graphic liners and the bold lips, all make a statement. Futuristic makeup aims to push boundaries, often playing with different textures and shapes to create a look that is both unique and attention-grabbing.
- Examples: Some examples of futuristic makeup include bold, metallic eye looks, neon lip colors, and graphic eyeliner. A metallic silver or gold eye shadow paired with a graphic winged eyeliner can give you a space-age look, while a bright neon lip color and bold, graphic eyeliner can give you a cyberpunk vibe. Other popular futuristic makeup looks include holographic highlighters, chrome lips, and even 3D-printed makeup.
How to Achieve a Futuristic Look
Futuristic makeup is all about bold, metallic tones and graphic shapes, but knowing which products to use and how to apply them can be a bit daunting. But don’t worry, achieving a simple yet striking futuristic makeup look is easier than you think! With the right products and a little bit of know-how, you can create a look that’s out-of-this-world.
Products: To achieve a futuristic look, you’ll need some key products, such as metallic eyeshadows, neon lipsticks, and graphic eyeliner. A good metallic eyeshadow palette in shades like silver, gold, or even rainbow colors can be a great starting point. Neon lipsticks are also a must-have, as they will bring a pop of color and shine to your look. To add a graphic element, consider using a liquid or gel eyeliner for precise winged lines. Additionally, highlighter, whether it is holographic or iridescent, can add a futuristic finish to the skin and cheekbones.
Tutorial: Step-by-Step instructions for achieving a simple yet striking futuristic makeup look:
- Start by prepping your skin with moisturizer and primer to create a smooth, even base.
- Apply a neutral, matte eyeshadow as a base for your metallic eyeshadow.
- Using a brush, apply the metallic eyeshadow to your eyelid, blending upward and out. You can also add some of the metallic shade in your lower lashline.
- Use a liquid or gel eyeliner to create a winged eyeliner, thick or thin as you prefer.
- Add a pop of color to your lips by applying a neon lipstick.
- Apply a light dusting of holographic highlighter or other iridescent highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones, bridge of nose and brow bones, if you wish.
- Apply mascara and you’re done!
This tutorial is a simple and easy guide to help you achieve a look that is simple, yet striking, but don’t be afraid to play with different colors and shapes to create a look that’s truly unique and expresses your personality. Remember that the most important thing is to have fun and experiment!
Futuristic makeup has been growing in popularity in recent years, and many celebrities have been spotted rocking the trend on the red carpet and in music videos. From bold, metallic eye looks to neon lip colors and graphic eyeliner, these celebrities have taken futuristic makeup to new heights.
- Beyonce in her “black is king” video: Beyoncé’s “black is king” video is a visual album released on Disney+. In this video, Beyoncé’s makeup was inspired by african culture, but with a futuristic twist. The use of metallic shades on the eyes, bold lip colors, and graphic eyeliner all contributed to a look that was both traditional and otherworldly. Beyoncé also used some textured and bold shapes on the eyelids that gave an extra touch of the futuristic style.
- Billie Eilish in her video “all the good girls go to hell”: In the music video for “all the good girls go to hell” Billie Eilish’s makeup was all about neon colors, and the eyeliner was the main element that gave the futuristic touch. The neon green eyeliner was used to create graphic shapes around the eyes, that enhanced the overall look.
- Rihanna in her Savage X Fenty show 2020: Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty show is an annual event that showcases her lingerie collection, but this year it had a futuristic twist. The models that walked the runway all had a bold, metallic look on their eyes, with graphic shapes and sharp winged liner. The chrome lipstick on some models added another futuristic touch to the look.
- Other celebrities: Some other celebrities that inspire us with their futuristic makeup looks include Janelle Monae, Zendaya, and Lady Gaga, who often experiment with different textures, shapes and colors, adding their unique take on the futuristic makeup style.
Overall, these celebrities have proven that futuristic makeup can be both bold and beautiful. They have pushed the boundaries and shown us how to create a look that is truly out of this world. Their looks can be an inspiration to anyone looking to try something new and exciting with their makeup.
In this blog, we’ve taken a closer look at the exciting world of futuristic makeup. We’ve defined what it is, shown you how to achieve a simple yet striking look, and looked at some celebrity inspiration to get you started.
Recap of the main points: Futuristic makeup is a style of makeup that incorporates elements of science fiction, such as metallic tones and graphic shapes. To achieve a futuristic look, you’ll need some key products, such as metallic eyeshadows, neon lipsticks, and graphic eyeliner. Celebrity inspiration can also be a great source of ideas, with stars like Beyoncé, Billie Eilish and Rihanna all incorporating futuristic makeup into their looks.
Final thoughts: Futuristic makeup is a fun and creative way to play with your look and try something new. Remember that the most important thing is to have fun and experiment with different products and techniques. So go ahead and beam up your beauty with futuristic makeup. Let your imagination run wild and don’t be afraid to push boundaries and try something new. And remember, there’s no right or wrong way to do futuristic makeup, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the process!